Today is Monday and another time play Eye Spy Monday! Try to guess the landmark I'm thinking of in the listening area for a chance to win 20% off your next purchase at Dr Alaina Elias Optometrist in Humboldt! Clues will be given out at 6:40, 7:20 and 8:10
Congrats to Jason Kurvers!
6:40 clue #1 - Eye Spy with my eye something that is white in colour.
7:20 Clue #2 - Almost looks like a Castle
8:10 Clue #3 - Somthing that is Holy
Ron's (Not so Famous) Saskatoon Pie
Written by Ronald Quaroni
Friday, 17 July 2015 13:05
A person simply doesn't just pick buckets of saskatoons and not make something delicious with them. Last night I put my culinary skills to the test and made a couple pies.
Ingredients (Keep in mind I doubled my recipe so if you want just one 9" pie half the recipe)
4 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flower
1 1/2 Cups Margarine
1 Tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Cold Water
4 Cups of Saskatooons
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1/4 Cup of Water
Juice of 1 Lemon (Optional)
3 Tbsp Corn Starch (Less if you don't add the Lemon)
1. Mix margarine and flour, with a pastry knife till it has the consistency of bread crumbs. (Do not over mix the dough, it will make your crust tough)
2. Form into 4 equal sized dough balls and set aside to cool in the freezer.
3. Add all pie-filling ingredients to a sauce pan. (Mix sugar and cornstarch beforehand to avoid clumping)
4. Put on medium heat till it starts to boil, and the berries start to break. Take off heat.
5. Retrieve your pie crust and roll out each section to fit your 9" pie plate. Place crust in pie plate and cut off outer edgers.
6. Divide your filling between the pies.
7. Roll out top crust and and pinch off corners, leave air holes so steam can escape.
8. Beat your egg, and coat top of the crust with a thin layer of egg with a pastry brush.
9. Place pies in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for around 40-45 minutes.
10. Take pies out of the oven to cool, when room temperature pies can eaten, put in the fridge, or frozen.
Pet of the Week: July 17th
Written by Andy Cohen
Friday, 17 July 2015 08:45
Congrats to Laska a.k.a "George" a 3 year old rescue dog. Her owner is Niki Sokolan of Humboldt Laska is a German Shepard Rat Terrier, Collie, Nova Scotia Duck Tulling cross; she is also this Weeks pet of the week! She has a chance to win free pet food from the Animal Health Clinic in Humboldt on July 31st!
Every Friday send us your Pet Pic's for a chance to win Pet of the week! It could win you free pet food at the end of the month!
Gummi Worm Game: Round 2
Written by Andy Cohen
Friday, 17 July 2015 06:15
We came close MANY times yesterday for some one to accurately guess how many Gummi Worms were in the jar. Let's see if we will find an winner today for a sweet summer prize pack! Good Luck! Comment your guess on our Facebook Page!
For 107 days of summer we celebrate with Gummi Worm Day! We are giving away a big prize pack! All you have to do is guess how many Gummi Worms are in this Bolt FM Summer Jar!
You would win!.... Pizza Bread from Boston Pizza
Free Bowling at Kemway Lanes
A Family Swim at LeRoy Leisure Land
Free Golf at LeRoy's "The Creek" Golf Course
Free Meat at Humboldt Sobeys!
Written by Tyler Bieber
Thursday, 16 July 2015 16:42
Food is always on the mind of shoppers at their favourite grocery store, and so naturally, we ventured out to the Humboldt Sobeys, where Ron Quaroni dressed the part to bag groceries, and also give away more free meat.
Congratulations to Rona Tremblay, our latest winner of "Do You Want Free Meat?" which awards people who say 'Yes!' with $100 in Drake Meats and a BBQ Pack from the Humboldt Sobeys.
When the City of Humboldt and Central Saskatchewan want local news, weather, and sports online and on-demand, they turn to DiscoverHumboldt. As Humboldt Saskatchewan's website for local job listings, free classifieds, garage sales, family events, business directory and weather cancellations, DiscoverHumboldt is your connection for local information.